Terms & Conditions
- These Terms & Conditions apply to Make Believe courses given to students, applied for and consented to by the parent or guardian (referred to hereinafter as “student”). Changes to these Terms & Conditions require the written consent of Make Believe.
- Course times and fees are given in the prospectus. Payment/transfer of funds for the first month constitute acceptance of an application. Receipt of the application and any deposit or fees paid at the time of application will be confirmed in writing along with all relevant course details.
- Fees are paid in advance on the first session of each month. The initial payment specified and all subsequent membership subscriptions must be paid in full to GoCardless. All subsequent membership subscriptions are payable at the beginning of the month to which they relate. If you fail to make a payment, our appointed finance company is authorised to act on our behalf in all respects relating to the recovery of any sums due from you and may recover the same in its own name. If the failure to pay is without good cause, and is not intended as notice of termination, our finance company is entitled to, and may charge you a £25 administration fee for dealing with the consequences of each default, which is a reasonable estimate of the administration costs which our finance company will incur. If charged, this sum will be added to your account/the next payment to be made.
In the event of a student being absent, the full amount will still need to be paid. If a student is going away in the term period, a minimum of four weeks’ notice should be given and this will be deducted from your monthly fee. If it is a day less than a month of the required notice then you will still be liable for the payment.
Courses take place once a week. The term dates for the following term will be made available for your viewing on our website; www.makebelievegroup.co.uk.
Where a student is attending any course for the first time they receive a free trial session. All Terms & Conditions must be signed on this session. However, the Terms & Conditions will not be activated until the first monthly payment is made.
- All students are signed up for three months; and payments are made monthly in advance via Direct Debit.
- Once the first payment is made the contract automatically continues.
- Make Believe requires one month’s notice for cancellation. In this situation the contract will expire on the last day of the notice period. Termination will only be accepted when received via our cancellation form on our website www.makebelievegroup.co.uk.
- Make Believe reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at its discretion.
- Make Believe reserves the right to make changes to the timetable and to the teaching staff.
- Fees are reviewed annually.
- Make Believe reserves the right to alter the Terms & Conditions without prior notice. Your payment to Make Believe is a contractual acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. Up-to-date information can be found on our website.
- Make Believe reserve the right to use any photography and/or video footage of students taken for any marketing material throughout the network.
- Make Believe’s unique student Starter Pack is compulsory – students must purchase the Starter Pack priced at £29.50 on their first day of joining. The pack includes a Make Believe uniform and a branded water bottle.
- Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform Make Believe and its staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions.
- Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. Make Believe can accept no liability for getting them lost or damaged.
- The liability of Make Believe and that of its staff is restricted to class time only and then only to gross negligence.
Make Believe Code of Conduct (this must be followed by each student whilst in our care)
- We do not tolerate bullying and inappropriate language.
- We request that no valuables be brought into any class as we do not take responsibility for items getting lost.
- Students are not permitted to eat or drink in class (unless medically required). Water is permitted.
- We request that no mobile phones be used in class. In the case of an emergency, the Principal always has a contact telephone.
- Chewing gum is not permitted.
- Students must show teachers the utmost respect at all times.
- Students must show their fellow students the utmost respect at all times.
- Students must follow the teachers’ instructions at all times. Disruption, lack of respect or general misb