1. These Terms & Conditions apply to Make Believe courses given to students, applied for and consented to by the parent or guardian (referred to hereinafter as “student”). Changes to these Terms & Conditions require the written consent of Make Believe
2. Course times and fees are given in the prospectus. Payment/transfer of funds for the first month constitute acceptance of an application. Receipt of the application and any deposit or fees paid at the time of application will be confirmed in writing along with all relevant course details
3. Fees are paid in advance on the first session of each month. The initial payment specified and all subsequent membership subscriptions must be paid in full to GoCardless. All subsequent membership subscriptions are payable at the beginning of the month to which they relate. If you fail to make a payment, our appointed finance company is authorised to act on our behalf in all respects relating to the recovery of any sums due from you and may recover the same in its own name. If the failure to pay is without good cause, and is not intended as notice of termination, our finance company is entitled to, and may charge you a £25 administration fee for dealing with the consequences of each default, which is a reasonable estimate of the administration costs which our finance company will incur. If charged, this sum will be added to your account/the next payment to be made
4. In the event of a student being absent, the full amount will still need to be paid. If a student is going away in the term period, a minimum of four weeks’ notice should be given and this will be deducted from your monthly fee. If it is a day less than a month of the required notice then you will still be liable for the payment
5. Courses take place once a week. The term dates for the following term will be made available for your viewing on our website; www.makebelievegroup.co.uk
6. Where a student is attending any course for the first time they receive a free trial session. All Terms & Conditions must be signed on this session. However, the Terms & Conditions will not be activated until the first monthly payment is made
7. All students are signed up for three months; and payments are made monthly in advance via Direct Debit
8. Once the first payment is made the contract automatically continues
9. Make Believe requires one month’s notice for cancellation. In this situation the contract will expire on the last day of the notice period. Termination will only be accepted when received via our cancellation form on our website www.makebelievegroup.co.uk
10. Make Believe reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at its discretion
11. Make Believe reserves the right to make changes to the timetable and to the teaching staff
13. Fees are reviewed annually
14. Make Believe reserves the right to alter the Terms & Conditions without prior notice. Your payment to Make Believe is a contractual acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. Up-to-date information can be found on our website
15. Make Believe reserve the right to use any photography and/or video footage of students taken for any marketing material throughout the network
16. Make Believe’s unique student Starter Pack is compulsory – students must purchase the Starter Pack priced at £29.50 on their first day of joining. The pack includes a Make Believe uniform and a branded water bottle
17. Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform Make Believe and its staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions
18. Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. Make Believe can accept no liability for getting them lost or damaged
19. The liability of Make Believe and that of its staff is restricted to class time only and then only to gross negligence
Make Believe Code of Conduct (this must be followed by each student whilst in our care)
• We do not tolerate bullying and inappropriate language
• We request that no valuables be brought into any class as we do not take responsibility for items getting lost
• Students are not permitted to eat or drink in class (unless medically required). Water is permitted.
• We request that no mobile phones be used in class. In the case of an emergency, the Principal always has a contact telephone
• Chewing gum is not permitted
• Students must show teachers the utmost respect at all times
• Students must show their fellow students the utmost respect at all times
• Students must follow the teachers’ instructions at all times. Disruption, lack of respect or general misbehaviour in class will not be tolerated
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Policy
Your privacy is extremely important to us and to protect it we are providing information on how we collect information and what use we subsequently put it to.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on our website and social media feeds. As an example, some people will be interested in becoming a Make Believe student, others may want to work for us or are interested in becoming a franchisee. In all cases we collect the following information:
Parent or guardian’s name; contact and address details; relationship to the student; emergency contact details; name, age, gender and date of birth of student; and any medical conditions the student has. If the student is over 16 years of age, you need to have their permission to share these details with us.
Should you wish to become a student, work for us or take up a franchise opportunity your basic details will be passed on to our accounts supplier GoCardless who will set up direct debit payments. All of GoCardless’s systems are approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and BACS.
Working with Make Believe (including franchisees)
For our staff and franchisees we collect your name, contact details, time at your address, home status, date and place of birth, details of your finances, nationality, marital status, interests and qualifications. We also collect details of relevant criminal convictions (you will also be required to provide a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate if you wish to take up a post or become a franchisee). We will only retain your DBS certificate reference number and date of issue.
If you wish to be considered for a teaching role at Make Believe we may pass on your details to our franchisees (Principals)
We may put some information on your telephone, tablet, laptop or computer. This information is called ‘cookies’ and it will help your device to be recognised so you do not have to repeat giving the same information each time you visit our site. This information cannot be used to identify you.
You can manage cookies through your browser.
Only people who have authorisation are allowed access to the information you provide. We do not share any information with outside parties (other than GoCardless, who run our accounts). Where you provide an email address, for instance, we will use that address to reply to your email.
We will always ask for your permission to receive information on special offers (West End shows, trips, audition opportunities) so if you prefer not to receive such information you can opt out.
As a responsible company working with children we take care to keep all information secure. We do not collect information from children under 18 years of age. You are able to access the information we have and we will always immediatley correct any errors you point out to us. If you do wish to access information on the data we hold, you will be required to verify details that we hold about you.